Membership in GMIS International affords many great benefits! GMIS is the premier source of learning, knowledge and networking for government IT professionals in the United States and throughout the globe through its international sister organizations.
Enjoy these benefits when your Agency joins GMIS!
- A subscription to the GMIS International Listserv, the most widely used exchange of information available in the continental United States.
- A subscription to GEM, the GMIS International newsletter full of great information. Click here to view past issues.
- Access to topic specific members only forums available through the web site.
- Quarterly webinars on technical and leadership topics provided by our corporate partners.
- Full access to the GMIS International web site for tools and resources.
- Access to models and samples for quick and easy solutions in the GMIS Knowledge Center.
- Discounted pricing on education programs, on-demand digital archives, and publications.
- Connect directly to your peers through an online directory.
- Network with your peers from hundreds of agencies throughout the United States and internationally.
- Participate closer to home in activities hosted by GMIS chapters. Many chapters offer free workshops and annual in-state conferences.
Membership Dues are based on your agency's technology budget:
- Annual Budget less than $250,000 - Dues: $100
- Annual Budget between $250,000 - $999,999 - Dues: $200
- Annual Budget between $1,000,000 - $2,999,999 - Dues: $375
- Annual Budget over $3,000,000 - Dues: $500
Any NEW member agency joining between April 1 and June 30 gets the remainder of that current GMIS International fiscal year FREE (maximum of 3 months - GMIS fiscal year ends on June 30) with payment credited for the next fiscal year beginning July 1.
What members are saying about joining GMIS
“Public sector IT leadership is a complex fast moving environment. No one IT leader, nor their internal team, can alone know all the answers or best paths forward to the endless new challenges we face each day. The wonderful aspect of being a government IT leader is that you’re not in competition with any other government IT leader, but participate in a shared mission to best serve your constituents, whether locally, statewide, or nationally. GMIS provides the platform for sharing and best practice distribution to take place, it is well worth the modest investment for what you receive in return.”
Steve T. Monaghan, Chief Information Officer, County of Nevada, CA
“I joined GMIS in spring 2007, 6 months after taking my first public sector job. My “mentor” was Jerry Cornish from Savannah, GA and was the outgoing Georgia GMIS president at the time. I didn’t know what to expect my first conference within GMIS, but after that Spring, I was hooked. The value of networking, the industry partners as well as the training material was like no other class I ever attended. Nearly 10 years later, and rolling of the Georgia GMIS leadership, I want to give that same impression to first time attendees, whether staff or management, that GMIS is Public Sector IT Collaboration.”
Eugene Rudy, City of St. Marys, GA
"I have enjoyed being a member of GMIS, attending the seminars, meetings and conferences - and mostly having the opportunity to meet and work with so many talented and friendly GMIS members."
Bruce F. Kapff, Information Services and Purchasing Director, Village of Oak Brook, IL
The networking and educational opportunities gained through GMIS International have proven invaluable to my role as IT Director in Franklin. Nowhere else will you find a network of trusted peers and vendor partners from around the county and world combined with resources and a conference that is specifically focused on public sector IT. GMIS is my go to resources for all aspects of my job."
Justin Heyman, Director of Information Technology, Township of Franklin, NJ