NJ-GMIS (Government Management Information Sciences) is an association of New Jersey government technology leaders. We provide an organizational structure, network, and activities to enhance coordination among state, county, local government and public school agencies.
We provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, information and techniques, and foster member's knowledge of hardware, software, communication, security, policy and other developments as they relate to government activities.
Our focus is solely on sharing solutions for government information technology.
NJ-GMIS is the state chapter of GMIS International which was formed in 1971 when forty local government "data processing” leaders met to explore the need for a tightly-knit organization of colleagues and associates who could work together for the common good of each other and the jurisdictions for which they worked. They perceived a need for a tightly knit organization of friends and colleagues.
NJ-GMIS serves as the catalyst, meeting the varied and unique needs of government technology leaders by:
- Facilitating meetings organized by government sector, by special interest groups, and by region
- Providing training and education seminars
- Sharing technology evaluations Sharing cost-effective practices
- Facilitating joint procurement of goods and services
- Surveying members on relevant issues
- Sharing Requests for Qualifications or Proposals and Bids
- Providing opportunities for vendors and others to educate members in an impartial and ethically sound environment
- Fostering consortiums to solve problems, procure technology products and services, and share Common services
- Serving as a resource on technology related legislation and government technology policy
CLICK HERE TO JOIN TODAY!