Virtualization: Public, Private and Hybrid
Sunday, August 20, 2017
1:00 - 5:00 pm (exact time subject to change)
- What is Virtualization? (Server, desktop and applications)
- What does it include?
- What are the differences between public, private and hybrid?
- What are the requirements of each?
- What are the benefits of Virtualization?
- When should you virtualize?
- Is there a time not to virtualize?
- The best place to host? How to determine where.
- Cost Savings
- Server maintenance reduction
- Scalability and easy to grow with
- Ability to work from any device anywhere
- Streamlining the workplace with virtualized servers, desktops and applications
- Security aspects/concerns
- Data protection and uptime
- Business continuity
- Simplified upgrades
- Simplified migrations to the cloud
- Time savings/technical resources reduction
- Ease of Administration
- Hardware savings
- Patch maintenance reduction/release
- User licensing
- Technical Support
- Discuss typical network strategies and design
- Discuss requirements in technical depth for servers, desktops, applications with proper design
- Discuss various compatibilities and OS supported
- Discuss option for Single Sign On and technical requirements/design
- Prerequisites: What you REALLY need to know
- Hardware requirement - shared storage vs. local storage, SANs vs. NAS, transport technologies for speed, performance, IOPs requirements
- Software requirements
- How to plan a deployment
- What a deployment entails/What to expect from a technical perspective and user perspective
- Deployment times (how long does it take)
- WAN considerations
- User experience
- Final cleanup and deployment
3. OPEN FORUM FOR QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
There is no cost to attend, but registration is only available to GMIS MEETS conference attendees.