GMIS Announces 2009 Executive Board
Friday, September 04, 2009
GMIS International Elects New Officers and Board of Directors
Leadership team established at GMIS International's recent annual conference.
Newport, Rhode Island – August 26, 2009 – GMIS International is pleased to announce its 2009-2010 Officers and Board of Directors.
• President – June Randall, Miami/Dade Police Department, Florida
• 1st Vice President – Johnny Walton, Aiken County, South Carolina
• 2nd Vice President – Rick Bareuther, City of Sparks, Nevada
• 3rd Vice President – Bernadette Kucharczuk, City of East Orange, New Jersey
• 4th Vice President – Paul Ruth, Cobb County, Georgia
• Treasurer – Sam Ferguson, Village of Schaumburg, Illinois
• Chapter Development – Lori-Ann Fox, City of East Providence, Rhode Island
• International Director – Doug Taylor, City of Tuscaloosa, Alabama
• Executive Director – Ken Keen, Sedgwick County, Kansas
The newly elected Board was installed at the 2009 GMIS International Conference in Newport, Rhode Island. Under the leadership of Conference Chairperson Matthew Wainwright, the very successful annual conference was attended by more than 200 public sector IT leaders and technology vendors, including 14 international delegates from Canada, Netherlands, Sweden, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
"This past year was one of the most challenging in the history of GMIS International. I will enthusiastically serve to chart a course with our new Executive Board encouraging inclusion of all GMIS members, facilitating increased transparency, enhancing the value of GMIS membership, and preserving the tradition of developing long lasting and cherished relationships” newly elected President June Randall stated during her presidential address. GMIS International also announced that Jerry Cornish of the City of Savannah, GA will serve as Chairperson of the 2010 annual conference in Atlanta, Georgia.
With over 500 member organizations across the U.S. and international sister organizations in six countries, GMIS International is the largest professional organization for public sector IT leaders in the U.S. To learn more about GMIS, visit www.gmis.org. For additional information, please contact GMIS International Headquarters at (800) 460-7454 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.