Membership in GMIS International affords many great benefits! GMIS is the premier source of learning, knowledge and networking for government IT professionals in the United States and throughout the globe through its international sister organizations.
Enjoy these benefits when your Agency joins GMIS!
- A subscription to the GMIS International Listserv, the most widely used exchange of information available in the continental United States.
- A subscription to GEM, the GMIS International newsletter full of great information. Click here to view a sample issue.
- Access to topic specific members only forums available through the web site.
- Full access to the GMIS International web site for tools and resources.
- Access to models and samples for quick and easy solutions.
- Discounted pricing on education programs, on-demand digital archives, and publications.
- Connect directly to your peers through an online directory.
- Network with your peers from hundreds of agencies throughout the United States and internationally.
- Participate closer to home in activities hosted by GMIS chapters. Many chapters offer free workshops and annual in-state conferences.
Membership Dues are based on your agency's technology budget:
Annual Budget less than $250,000 – Dues: $75
Annual Budget between $250,000 - $1,000,000 – Dues: $150
Annual Budget between $1,000,000 - $3,000,000 – Dues: $300
Annual Budget over $3,000,000 – Dues: $400
Any NEW member agency joining between February 1 and June 30 gets the remainder of that current GMIS International fiscal year FREE (maximum of 5 months - GMIS fiscal year ends on June 30) with payment credited for the next fiscal year beginning July 1.
What members are saying about joining GMIS:
"I receive so much valuable information by
participating in the GMIS International listserv. This month alone, I avoided
spending over $20,000 to solve a problem through recommendations received from
my GMIS peers! You can't beat that in these tough economic times.”
-- Keith Wilson, IT
Manager, City of Acworth, GA
"I have enjoyed being a member of
GMIS, attending the seminars, meetings and conferences - and mostly having the
opportunity to meet and work with so many talented and friendly GMIS
-- Bruce F. Kapff, Information
Services and Purchasing Director, Village of Oak Brook, IL