GMIS (Government Management Information Sciences) International is dedicated to serving public sector information technology professionals to enhance and promote their strategic investment in, and professional management of, government technology resources. GMIS achieves this through providing a networking forum for state and local government and educational entities, both domestically and internationally, to exchange a diversity of ideas and experiences. To further this aim, GMIS also offers opportunities for industry experts to educate its members about emerging technologies and practices helping ensure today’s IT leaders are ready for tomorrow’s challenges.
With over 450 member groups across 40 states, GMIS International represents the largest professional association of public sector IT leaders in the United States. After its founding in 1971, GMIS began forging relationships with international like-minded organizations that today include entities in Belgium, Canada, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- New Executive Board has been elected, see who they are here.
- Award Winners for 2013 have been selected. Congratulations to the following winners:
- Skip Floyd, Outstanding Professional Award
- Karen Knight, Hershel Stickland Award
- Mark Pfeiffer, Member Emeritus
- Phil Svesnik, Member Emeritus
- Elaine Isler, Member Emeritus
- Johnny Walton, Member Emeritus
- State of Nevada, Enterprise IT Services (G2C), GMIS G2 Award
- Princeton Township, NJ (G2G), GMIS G2 Award
- Sussex County, NJ, GMIS Best Practices Award
- New Mexico Chapter, GMIS Champion Chapter Award
- SHI, GMIS Diamond Award
- Dell Corporation, GMIS Ruby Award
- Brian D. Kelley, Presidents Award
- Save the Date! Attend the 2014 GMIS International Conference in Savanna, Georgia, August 17-20, 2014